Behringer UMC202HD or Steinberg UR22

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

vivekkulal

Behringer UMC202HD or Steinberg UR22

Post by vivekkulal »

My previous audio interface (Alesis io|2) has stopped working. I'm looking to buy a new one.

I'm currently looking at Behringer UMC202HD and Steinberg UR22. I'm wondering if anybody has experiences with any of those and how it has worked out. And if you have any recommendations of which one to buy.

I'm a bit disappointed my previous audio interface failed as early as it did, so I'm looking for something with good build quality that will hopefully hold up for years. But I also want good recording quality for home use so I won't feel the need to upgrade later.

I currently only use the audio interface to record electric guitar.
bluebell
Established Member

Re: Behringer UMC202HD or Steinberg UR22

Post by bluebell »

vivekkulal wrote:My previous audio interface (Alesis io|2) has stopped working. I'm looking to buy a new one.

I'm currently looking at Behringer UMC202HD and Steinberg UR22. I'm wondering if anybody has experiences with any of those and how it has worked out. And if you have any recommendations of which one to buy.

I'm a bit disappointed my previous audio interface failed as early as it did, so I'm looking for something with good build quality that will hopefully hold up for years. But I also want good recording quality for home use so I won't feel the need to upgrade later.

I currently only use the audio interface to record electric guitar.
Did you test it on another USB port? One port on my PC died.

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/

martibs
Established Member

Re: Behringer UMC202HD or Steinberg UR22

Post by martibs »

Long thread on the Behringer here (202 and 204 are basically the same): https://www.audiosciencereview.com/foru ... 04hd.1658/

It works fine on Linux.