can't route tracks to bus Mixbus/Ardour

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

funkmuscle
Established Member

can't route tracks to bus Mixbus/Ardour

Post by funkmuscle »

Hey, when I either import stems or create new tracks and try routing them to a bus track it's all greyed(white) out in Mixbus 32C. For instance guitar left and guitar right and then I create a bus track to route them into that all of a sudden today is not possible anymore.
I've had that issue a few years ago in Ardour and can't remember how the issue was resolved. Anyone ever experienced this before and if so, you have a fix? Latest version of MB32C
tavasti
Established Member

Re: can't route tracks to bus Mixbus/Ardour

Post by tavasti »

funkmuscle wrote:Hey, when I either import stems or create new tracks and try routing them to a bus track it's all greyed(white) out in Mixbus 32C. For instance guitar left and guitar right and then I create a bus track to route them into that all of a sudden today is not possible anymore.
I've had that issue a few years ago in Ardour and can't remember how the issue was resolved. Anyone ever experienced this before and if so, you have a fix? Latest version of MB32C
At least in mixbus 5.x, from track I can select 'outputs...' and on that dialog I have 'Mixbus busses' tab.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

tavasti wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:Hey, when I either import stems or create new tracks and try routing them to a bus track it's all greyed(white) out in Mixbus 32C. For instance guitar left and guitar right and then I create a bus track to route them into that all of a sudden today is not possible anymore.
At least in mixbus 5.x, from track I can select 'outputs...' and on that dialog I have 'Mixbus busses' tab.
That's what I mean! From the track you click and you have 'Input', Output' and other things like polarity button. I click on output and I get this:
mixbus connection for audio.png
mixbus connection for audio.png (37.93 KiB) Viewed 740 times
See the connection boxes are white instead of clear or the background colour of the DAW? Also when I click on the on Output, only the master and midi connections are there so I'd click Route Grid and I get the window above.
carlv
Established Member

Post by carlv »

Hey funk,

You may be in the wrong place if i get you right. On the top bar menu go -> Window -> Audio Connections. Is that what you're looking for ?
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

carlv wrote:Hey funk,

You may be in the wrong place if i get you right. On the top bar menu go -> Window -> Audio Connections. Is that what you're looking for ?
Carlv, yes in that pic. It does the same thing when I go on the track and right click and then click on output. What I did to resolve the issue was to remove the config folder and also export all the stems out of that one session and set things up again and now it's working. I remembered when this happened to me a few years ago with Ardour and that's how I fixed it. Thanks for the help though.
carlv
Established Member

Post by carlv »

Happy you got it sorted and i'll keep your solution in mind should i run across same in the future.
Fare thee well !
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

carlv wrote:Happy you got it sorted and i'll keep your solution in mind should i run across same in the future.
Fare thee well !
thanx!!