Ingen - any help appreciated

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Gabar

Ingen - any help appreciated

Post by Gabar »

Hello everyone,,
I'm wondering if there is ANY documentation out there on the Ingen app; and yeah, I've looked. I've seen posts praising this app over, say, ALSAModularSynth, and yeah, I'd like to see a modern, stable, supported alternative to AMS.

My situation: completely new to synth, not much of a musician, and a Linux newbie, practically.

Along the same lines, I'm looking for basic LADSPA/LV2 plugins that I can patch together into, say, a MiniMoog. Seems like I need, a VCO, VCA, ENV generator, etc., oh and a 'scope widget, so I can see what's going on. I've found (and installed) the standard LADSPA packages (the whole list from the Dave Robillard's site, and others) but the very basic modules elude me, the ones in particular that are built into AMS.
I'd be interested in putting together a tutorial to Ingen, along the lines that AMS has, but I just can't find these basic building blocks. Any help, or pointers to such, is appreciated! (Oh, and I had no luck building Ingen from source...well, it built and installed, but wouldn't run...where do I go to ask?)
sysrqer
Established Member

Re: Ingen - any help appreciated

Post by sysrqer »

I can't help with the documentation but have you looked in to VCV Rack or do you need it to be a LADSPA/LV2?
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

Ingen is swedish word, meaning 'no, nothing' or something like that. And 'Jag har ingen aning' means 'I do not have any clue'.

Sorry for wasting your time :-)

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

Linuxmusician01
Established Member

Post by Linuxmusician01 »

I'd like a good manual for Ingen too.

Had to switch to PureData (Pd) because that's better documented. However, Pd is very old and most of the best patches are for Pd-extended which is no more. And Midi implementation is better in Pd. I wanted to make a snare drum like the legendary one on a Roland TR-808. Still want one. so I can put it on a Raspberry Pi Zero (only €6!) and connect it to my drumcomputer as an extra snare drum.