Hardware Midi Keyboard on Disco Dingo/ Ardour 5.12.0

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ratze
Established Member

Hardware Midi Keyboard on Disco Dingo/ Ardour 5.12.0

Post by ratze »

Hi @ll,

i changed my Ubuntu Studio 18.04 "Bionic Beaver" with the "Disco Dingo" 19.04 Version. Now my Problem is to activate my Midi Keyboard "M-Audio Oxygen 25" with Ardour.

On "Bionic Beaver" it was doing well running with ardour on alsa by QjackCtl. I made the step to "Disco Dingo" because the Calf-Plugins did not work in Ardour.

Now these plugs are running stable, but i can not find my Midi Keyboard, by tryin QjackCtl, Calf Connector, Patchage or Carla. Ardour gives me no option except running on Jack. So, what is the matter please ?

Do i have to install an external audio interface ? What are the differences between running Adour with an external Midi Keyboard on "Bionic Beaver" and "Disco Dingo" ? Thanks a lot in advanced for hints ! :-)

Cheers :-)
ratze
Established Member

Re: Hardware Midi Keyboard on Disco Dingo/ Ardour 5.12.0

Post by ratze »

Oops, sorry it was just the "a2jmidid" function in the "Ubuntu Studio Controls"........ :roll: :)
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

ratze wrote:Oops, sorry it was just the "a2jmidid" function in the "Ubuntu Studio Controls"........ :roll: :)
All's well that ends well. Please stay around this forum if you want. Let us know if you have more questions, and I hope to hear done of your music.
ratze
Established Member

Post by ratze »

About 25 years ago i worked with Cubase on an Atari ST 1040 an some external Synths. Today my "Disco Dingo" and "Ardour" are working well. There is just one thing i do not understand. Sorry for this, maybe i see the forrest but not the tree. In the manuals i did not find a solution.

Maybe you can give me a hint ?

When Ardour is not in playback-mode, i receive sounds from the different plugins via my external keyboard. When Ardour is in playback-mode, i get no sound from the plugins over my keyboard. I checked the right midi-channel on the keyboard and again and again qjacktl. Thanks a lot for support. :-)
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

ratze wrote:When Ardour is not in playback-mode, i receive sounds from the different plugins via my external keyboard. When Ardour is in playback-mode, i get no sound from the plugins over my keyboard. I checked the right midi-channel on the keyboard and again and again qjacktl. Thanks a lot for support. :-)
For each track Ardour will either play back from disk or monitor the input, but not both. You can control how it makes the decision; read about the mixer "recording options" here:

http://manual.ardour.org/ardours-interf ... er-strips/
ratze
Established Member

Post by ratze »

Thanks ! :-) The "In"- and the "Disk"-Button at the Channel.... :D
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

ratze wrote:Thanks ! :-) The "In"- and the "Disk"-Button at the Channel.... :D
That's correct.