LV2: BSEQuencer

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

milkii
Established Member

LV2: BSEQuencer

Post by milkii »

https://github.com/sjaehn/BSEQuencer - "Multi channel MIDI step sequencer LV2 plugin with a variable matrix"

Available in the AUR.

they/them ta / libreav.org / wiki.thingsandstuff.org/Audio and related pages / gh

stanlea
Established Member

Re: LV2: BSEQuencer

Post by stanlea »

ouch ! thanks milk.
stanlea
Established Member

Post by stanlea »

I tried it, and it could really rock, because the controls provided are very fun. But I couldn't sync transport from host (tried Carla, Qtractor, Ardour), and the gui don't show the grid on my screen.
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

Developer seems to be very responsive on bug reports, so in case of problems make issue on github, and maybe your problem will be solved in few hours.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

sjaehn
Established Member

Post by sjaehn »

stanlea wrote:I tried it, and it could really rock, because the controls provided are very fun. But I couldn't sync transport from host (tried Carla, Qtractor, Ardour), and the gui don't show the grid on my screen.
Thank you for the information. As I'm the developer, I'm interested in what happened.

You don't see the whole pattern? This is strange and shouldn't happen at all. But you can see all other controllers (dials, menus, buttons)? Can you please make a screenshot. This would really help.

Or do you mean, you can't see the white line. This happens in the "Host controlled" mode if the transport signal is stopped. In Carla you have to select "Jack transport" and press the play button on the transport tab on the left side of the Carla window. In Ardour, it should be sufficient to press **Ardour**'s play button. If there is no transport / play to sync with, the plugin (correctly) stops. In this case, only "Autoplay" should work.
stanlea
Established Member

Post by stanlea »

Late answer, sorry. After more testing : I can indeed see the grid, but the contrast is a bit low in the background, maybe my laptop screen. As for the synced transport, I had success by wiring a midi input to the sequencer, and then sending a midi note. But in Carla, just hitting the play button jack transport is not enough.
sjaehn
Established Member

Post by sjaehn »

stanlea wrote:Late answer, sorry. After more testing : I can indeed see the grid, but the contrast is a bit low in the background, maybe my laptop screen. As for the synced transport, I had success by wiring a midi input to the sequencer, and then sending a midi note. But in Carla, just hitting the play button jack transport is not enough.
Hi stanlea, thank you for your feedback. You are right and it makes sense, you need a MIDI input and a host transport signal in the host controlled mode.