[unsolved again] setbfree as plugin in qtractor

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Musicteacher
Established Member

[unsolved again] setbfree as plugin in qtractor

Post by Musicteacher »

Hi,
I use setbfree as a plugin in qtractor. The problem: The settings are not stored. Whenever I restart qtractor setbfree is in a default-setting and I need to recall my preset manually.

As there are lots of things to be set in setbfree, this is quite some problem. Does anyone know a trick or workaround that makes qtractor and/or setbfree save the state?
Last edited by Musicteacher on Sat May 11, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rncbc
Established Member

Re: setbfree as plugin in qtractor

Post by rncbc »

that's not what i have here: all the settings, draw-bar positions, levers, etc, as tweaked in the LV2 GUI, are all stored and recalled as they should.

are you actually using the LV2 plugin (URI=http://gareus.org/oss/lv2/b_synth) or is it the stand-alone application (setBfreeUI) ?
Musicteacher
Established Member

Post by Musicteacher »

I am using the lv2-plugin.

QTractor version is 0.9.7.

If I, for instance, set percussion to "on", then the ok-button in qtractor plugins dialog is still greyed out. So it seems that qtractor does not notice that I have changed something in setbfree.

Thank you,
Andreas
Musicteacher
Established Member

Post by Musicteacher »

To clarify this: if I add the plugin, the given plugin-url is the one you gave here for the lv2 plugin.
But the plugin does have its own gui (the one that looks like a real organ).
rncbc
Established Member

Post by rncbc »

what "plugins dialog" and what "ok" button ??

are you saying that you access a plugins GUI from the Track > Track Properties... dialog ? why do you rely on that particular "ok" button anyway? you may just dismiss the dialog and go on with your business with the plugin GUI ... it is only when you hit main File > Save that the whole session (and all of its plugins) state is safely stored.

also there are at least other ways to access plugins GUIs in qtractor: the most recommended way is through the Mixer or recently from the left track pane if you opt to View > Options... > Display > Show plugins on track/list left pane (provided the track height is tall enough).

hth.
cheers
Musicteacher
Established Member

Post by Musicteacher »

Well, that is the way I usually add my plugins. Create a new track, go to the plugins-tab and then add my plugins.

I found a workaround: If I change a setting, then de-activate the plugin and acitvate it again, the ok-button is no longer greyed out and the plugin state is saved when I hit ok (and save the file later on).

But you are right, if I just dismiss the dialog, changes get saved, too.

I will have to check this with the file I was actually working with yesterday, this is a more complex one, and even after saving the wrong sound was on setbfree. I cannot really reproduce this with a minimal sample.

Thank you for your help,
Andreas
Musicteacher
Established Member

Post by Musicteacher »

I found out what happened (my mistake) : I had (in track properties) set a bank and a sound for setbfree. That was why everytime the track was loaded, this sound was set, no matter what settings I changed in setbfree.

And that was why the problem did not occur in the minimal sample.

Thank you for your help,

Andreas
Musicteacher
Established Member

Re: [solved] setbfree as plugin in qtractor

Post by Musicteacher »

Hi,
I have another problem with setbfree in qtractor:
With all other plugins, the sound cannot be heard unless I mark it with "monitor" in the mixer or I click on the track (auto monitor).
The setbfree organ is "always on", to turn if off, I need to de-activate the plugin.

Is this the case for everyone else, too? Am I doing something wrong or is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Andreas