A loud sound after adding audio track in Ardour os Avlinux 2018 latest version?[SOLVED]

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Aquarious12
Established Member

A loud sound after adding audio track in Ardour os Avlinux 2018 latest version?[SOLVED]

Post by Aquarious12 »

Hello i am using the AV Linux (2018.6.25 ISO Update with UEFI Fixes Released!) distro as my music production os. Ardour i am talking about is the same that comes with the distro itself.

I am new to the world of ardour . I am started to learn it from past 2 weeks. I didnt see any feedback stuff but when i changed the ardours master routing grid the feedback light in ardour start to blink and sound is unable to hear but the faders show completely red.

When i changed the setting in routing grid of the each track for sources: hardware : system : capture 1 / capture 2. the sound stops.but the capture out is changing every time i add the audio track.
Last edited by Aquarious12 on Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lilith
Established Member

Re: A loud sound after adding audio track in Ardour os Avlinux 2018 latest version

Post by lilith »

Please post a screenshot of the mixer and editor window. Are you using jack? If so, post a screenshot of your jack settings / connections. Is the sound distorted noise?
Michael Willis
Established Member

Re: A loud sound after adding audio track in Ardour os Avlinux 2018 latest version

Post by Michael Willis »

Are you using any plugins? If so, which ones?
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

Aquarious12 wrote:When i changed the setting in routing grid of the each track for sources: hardware : system : capture 1 / capture 2. the sound stops.but the capture out is changing every time i add the audio track.
Why does Ardour change the routings?
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

khz wrote:
Aquarious12 wrote:When i changed the setting in routing grid of the each track for sources: hardware : system : capture 1 / capture 2. the sound stops.but the capture out is changing every time i add the audio track.
Why does Ardour change the routings?
This can happen when using a manager like Claudia. Ardour + Claudia doesn't work.
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

A test would also be: Move the personal settings of Ardour. Backup.

Code: Select all

mv ~/.config/ardour5 ~/.config/ardour5-BAK
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
Aquarious12
Established Member

Post by Aquarious12 »

Hello

Guys i am really sorry for late acknowledgement . I am thankful to everyone who had replied till date.i just found a work around .when ever i add a audio track the sound does come but i directly push the "Disk" button in mixer and then it stops.

But after the small looping it starts again ? that work around is a bust .