Some Rosegarden-17.2 probs

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

fretski
Established Member

Some Rosegarden-17.2 probs

Post by fretski »

I have a few irregularities involving mostly rosegarden-17.2. The screenshots are taken in the AvLinux-2018 that I'm just tweaking but the problem I think is Rosegarden and is MUCH worse in Suse-Tumbleweed for instance where Splashma5 makes some of the dialogues totally empty.

A typical setup sequence for me is to start qJackctl, then qSynth, then several instances of the (standalone) synth ZynAddSubFX and finally rosegarden before making the connections in qJackctl. The qJackctl Connections window shows ZynAddSubFX but it does not get to be auto-connected so I connect it manually to system and to rosegarden. I also add the qsynth connection to rosegarden mostly by habit under Suse-13.2 where no connection is made automatically.

The first sign of trouble comes via a rosegarden annunciation to the effect hat the ZASF (Zyn) dssi could not be found. This does seem like a false alarm though because later the dssi plugins are available and usable.

The next one is more serious and arises when I try to connect things in the Midi Devices Managment window where the standalone ZynAddSubFX would be connected to the correct already present midi channel bearing its name. This channel simply isn't there at all, so the standalone ZynAddSubFX cannot be connected and becomes unusable.
y-02-rg172-nozyn-in-rg.png
y-02-rg172-nozyn-in-rg.png (158.82 KiB) Viewed 1761 times

The rosegarden audio mixer channels have numbers but those numbers are invisible. The other day it was worse than this, the mixer channels showed only about 1mm of activity and all were dead except one of them. That was probably the result of some upgrades that I had inadvertantly 'allowed' (lesson learned). I reverted to a pre-update installation which solved that problem but the mixer channels with NO numbers persists.
y-04-rg172-no-tracknumbers-mixer.png
y-04-rg172-no-tracknumbers-mixer.png (96.81 KiB) Viewed 1761 times

Have any rosegarden users run into any of this?