No sound input to Ardour

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

breakbeats573

No sound input to Ardour

Post by breakbeats573 »

I have Ubuntu 14.04 with the KXstudio packages installed. I also have a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 USB interface. I get general sound, the outputs work, and I get input from the 6i6 into Audacity, but no sound input to Ardour, Carla, or wineasio. I have both cadence and qjackctl running, and I set up the inputs in qjackctl. Thanks in advance for any help!
12strings2hands
Established Member

Re: No sound input to Ardour

Post by 12strings2hands »

How familiar are you with Ardour? Did you get sound in some previous configuration? Just wondering if it's a problem where you're not familiar with Ardour.
Did you add audio tracks in Ardour? If you did, then they show up as strips in the Mixer window. They also show up in qjackctl / Connect diagram. System input channels should be connected to Ardour input ports.
varpa
Established Member

Post by varpa »

Good tutorial on Jack: http://libremusicproduction.com/article ... arted-jack You may find other useful tutorials on that site.
Also Ardour Support page points to other useful references: https://community.ardour.org/community
brau
Established Member

Post by brau »

concur with varpa on the resources. In my experience, JACK is the issue, that is the connections may not correctly aligned. Every issue I have had of that sort I was able to fix by looking at the connections in and out of Ardour in the Jack connections window.
rghvdberg
Established Member

Post by rghvdberg »

I think this has sorta been resolved in irc.
Turned out to be a an old kernel, not fully compatible with the soundcard.