Boss-Me80 recording in Audacity

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

stratovarius
Established Member

Boss-Me80 recording in Audacity

Post by stratovarius »

Much like for my TerraTec6Fire-USB external soundcard I have managed to record in Audacity with the Me-80 guitar effects board, by inputting the Rec-Out line into the computer mic connector. I've tried this on one laptop and managed to listen to a backing track I had made in Audacity while recording a separate guitar track ..with two separate volume controls at that (Suse on an Asus eepc).

But the Me-80 is also a USB beast and if I connect it via the usb cable then Audacity immediately recognizes it. I can select it int Audacity output list (which I don't think will ever do anything) or in the mic or input list. The problem is that I cannnot get the Me-80 output to record in Audacity. IS this something I should be able to do without additional software?

The TerraTec6Fire-USB also has a USB port in the back, Maybe I could route the Me-80 guitar output thropugh it into the computer. I haven't tried this option yet.
funkster1
Established Member

Re: Boss-Me80 recording in Audacity

Post by funkster1 »

Have you found the solution? I have a ME-25, which also doubles as interface via USB. Just plug it in, start audacity, in the upper left corner choose alsa, beside your ME-80, then still further on the right once again, mono or stereo and simply click the record button.
New track will be created immediately and you're recording to it. Stop recording when done with first track, click again on the record button, next track will be created/recorded to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-R38oa ... e=youtu.be (that's kinda cheesy, but have no other means to show it)

Or simply record the audio out to your Terratec :lol:
"A mind is like a parachute -
It doesn't work if it's not open."

|- - - - - - Frank Zappa - - - - - -|
thiagonasper

Post by thiagonasper »

Good Morning Linux Musicians!
I am having trouble with boss me80 USB interface.
someone has used the usb interface me80 on linux?
I am trying on audacity and ubuntustudio 15.10 via alsa, but i am having a crash on audacity and sometime on linux!

Thank you all!
thiagonasper

Post by thiagonasper »

i had tryed via jack too, but the qjackctl crashs too, when a select me80 interface on settings!
I am grateful to everyone for any help!
jepp2016

Post by jepp2016 »

Hi... I need some help... I don't want to record thru a PC... does the ME 80 have the capacity to just record a song or a loop?... I tried contacting direct but cant seem to do that either...thanks for any help... J
jseaman

Post by jseaman »

thiagonasper wrote:i had tryed via jack too, but the qjackctl crashs too, when a select me80 interface on settings!
I am grateful to everyone for any help!
Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm new to Linux and have been using a stealth plug through guitarix for recording guitar with Ardour. I recently purchased a BOSS ME-80 (ME80 for search purposes) and when selecting it as an input device in qjackctl, I hangs when openning and finally errors. I will look more closely at the errors and logs, but I'm not sure I could interpret them yet.

Looking for the quick win.

Thanks