The Elder Brothers - "Autumn" released!

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

GMaq
Established Member

The Elder Brothers - "Autumn" released!

Post by GMaq »

Hi!

The Autumn album by The Elder Brothers has been released and is available on all major streaming platforms as well as Bandcamp. The album was recorded at Bandshed Records Studio with various versions of Ardour on various versions of AV Linux…

Liner notes:

Autumn signifies the transition from harvest with it’s bounty to the stillness of winter. It is a time for reflection. When we set out on this project our intention was to record some songs for posterity, but as work progressed we were filled with feelings of gratitude and surprise. We are thankful for the musical family and friends that we have been blessed to work with over these many years, and for the creativity and craft the writers of these songs have shared with the world. As we move from autumn to winter in our own lives we are happily surprised to discover that we still have the energy to reimagine them in our own way.

We hope you enjoy and thanks for listening!

https://bandshedrecords.bandcamp.com/al ... ers-autumn

glowrak guy
Established Member

Re: The Elder Brothers - "Autumn" released!

Post by glowrak guy »

In Hi-skrool, I had a friend who played a mean tenor sax, and we spent some fun hours, playing
a simplified version of MoonDance, sessions went for as long as my rhythm-guitar arms would last,
and his sax variations were motivating. I'd not be surprised if he runs some university music program,
with a band on the side.
Your MoonDance version on the album is excellent, with lots of cool 'details'. Worth the price of the album to me.
Brought back many Elder memories, and I'll probably trim out a few fun jam loops from the songs.
Good way to test out RTNeural-Multi amp combos :wink:

GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

@glowrak guy

Heartfelt thanks for the support both verbal and on Bandcamp, very much appreciated! :) I've been playing the song for years uncounted but having Ken join us on sax for the recording made it fresh again, glad to hear it triggered memories for you as well.

Best with your future productions, it must be about time for another album of soothing ambient soundscapes?

glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

Been busy de-stressing my work area and sleep cycles, minimizing cables, maximizing connected gear, and gathering music with potential to be heard on the streets. That George Benson interview was inspirational. Tough decisions ahead :wink:
Found an unused 500 gig drive, so have room for the next AVL version.
Cheers