greetings from ohio

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

zzzxyz
Established Member

greetings from ohio

Post by zzzxyz »

happy xmas all

been running linux since '08 (ubuntu, debian, pclinuxos, avlinux). on my studio box, i'm running lubuntu 12.04 completely kxstudio-fied. LOVE it! Claudia/Ardour3 work like a charm! kde4 is a little heavy on my old p4, but smokin' with lxde.

been playing/writing/recording since '75 - i sing, and play mostly guitar and drums.

i build pipe organs by day, and have built my own guitars and tube amps. my first two CDs out there on youtube - look for "scott gorsuch" - have another project called "amish drum machine" (also on yt) for fun.

getting ready to record my 3rd album - the first one using linux - totally stoked about that!

cheers,
zzzxyz
danboid
Established Member

Re: greetings from ohio

Post by danboid »

Welcome - we're glad to have you aboard!

A few (well, maybe more like 8 or so) years back I went to buy a second hand printer as a present for my dad and it turned out that the guy selling it was non other than Hugh Banton, organ player for famed Manc proggers Van der Graaf Generator. I mention that as he spends his days making church organs these days, much like yourself.

I hope you discover much more useful facts than this from these forums! :)
Frank Carvalho
Established Member

Post by Frank Carvalho »

Whoa! When pipe organ building was mentioned, the first thing I came to think of was also Hugh Banton! I'm a big fan of his and of VdGG. I saw them play in Amsterdam a number of years ago.

But anyway, welcome to the forum!

/Frank
Vox, Selmer, Yamaha and Leslie amplifiers. Rickenbacker, Epiphone, Ibanez, Washburn, Segovia, Yamaha and Fender guitars. Hammond, Moog, Roland, Korg, Yamaha, Crumar, Ensoniq and Mellotron keyboards. Xubuntu+KXStudio recording setup.
zzzxyz
Established Member

Post by zzzxyz »

i haven't heard too much of VdGG, but i'm a little proggy by nature, so will have to investigate them more (and Hugh, that's awesome).
yeah, the organ-thing is a weird job i fell into about 15 yrs ago. the room we set 'em up in is about 30'x30' with a 24' ceiling - plaster/glass/terrazzo - great live room for recording! soooo glad xmas-time is here, the weeks before are the busiest for organ folks (lots of tuning). now some time off to play.
StudioDave
Established Member

Post by StudioDave »

Greetings !

Also from Ohio, in Findlay. Where are you located ?

Welcome to LM, it looks like you've already met some like-minded fellows here. :)

Best regards,

Dave Phillips