Struggling with Ardour loop recording

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

dareduckblue

Struggling with Ardour loop recording

Post by dareduckblue »

I have got an Arturia Midi and I am using ardour as my daw to record EDM loops. However in loop made I don't know how to sync the music.
When I turn the loop on I expect similar to abelton. However in ardour the loop concept is very different making it difficult to record live.
Any help appreciated.
Also any hacks to work around arturia midi player on Linux. I have used wine to get my analog 4 working however ardour has a high DSP load when I load the plugin.

tseaver
Established Member

Re: Struggling with Ardour loop recording

Post by tseaver »

@dareduckblue

I have got an Arturia Midi and I am using ardour as my daw to record EDM loops. However in loop made I don't know how to sync the music.
When I turn the loop on I expect similar to abelton. However in ardour the loop concept is very different making it difficult to record live.

Ableton-style looping isn't really my wheelhouse: for that part of your question, you might get better answers on the Ardour forum:

https://discourse.ardour.org/

particularly as there isn't anything Linux-specific there.

any hacks to work around arturia midi player on Linux. I have used wine to get my analog 4 working however ardour has a high DSP load when I load the plugin.

I don't know that hardware either, but you might check the "Computer-Related Hardware" section here:

viewforum.php?f=6&sid=65e0254966e765a548d3aa6b1bd02097

I have some memory of Arturia-related threads there.

Ubuntu, Mixbus32C; acoustic blues / country / jazz
Daniele71
Established Member

Re: Struggling with Ardour loop recording

Post by Daniele71 »

Ardour does not have an Ableton style looping feature.

My music: Youtube
GeekOsDaw: GeekOsDaw