Helmic

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

davephillips
Established Member

Helmic

Post by davephillips »

Greetings,

A small piece with Helm in the lead :

https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/helmic

With other Linux synths from Loomer, TAL, and u-he.

Best,

dp
GMaq
Established Member

Re: Helmic

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

Enjoyed this piece, great sounds and textures, I guess we should expect no less with you at the........helm :wink:

Thanks for sharing this, often synth illiterates (like myself) wouldn't take the time to try out some of these new developments so it is appreciated to have compositions like this as a reference both to hear the synth itself and to get an idea of good sounds to utilize them with.
davephillips
Established Member

Re: Helmic

Post by davephillips »

GMaq wrote:Hi,

Enjoyed this piece, great sounds and textures, I guess we should expect no less with you at the........helm :wink:

Thanks for sharing this, often synth illiterates (like myself) wouldn't take the time to try out some of these new developments so it is appreciated to have compositions like this as a reference both to hear the synth itself and to get an idea of good sounds to utilize them with.
Thanks, G. I agree, the synth scene in Linux has taken an upwards turn over the past year. We have a much greater selection of native Linux synths and samplers - in their various formats, open and closed - and the Airwave utility allows the direct use of many Windows VSTs. Definitely a good time for users more into popular music styles.

And of course, for the hard-core among us, the language-based environments - Csound, SuperCollider, Pure Data, RtCmix, etc - continue to to evolve and thrive.

More true than ever, if you can't make music with Linux, it ain't Linux's fault. :)

Best,

dp