Power station industrializer

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

witchspace
Established Member

Power station industrializer

Post by witchspace »

I've just resurrected the psindustrializer project.

I moved the source code to github, modernized the autotools build, updated the dependencies to use more modern libraries, and made the UI a bit more convenient (you can now just press space to render and play the current sound).

It can be used to create some useful percussive noises for music or games, but it's also fun to just play around with.

For a demo see the youtube demonstration of the older version by Iwan Gabovitch.

For the source see: https://github.com/laanwj/psindustrializer

The fun thing is that, in contrast to those of the 00's, modern CPUs are fast enough to do the physical simulation in (pseudo-) real time, so I intend to create a LV2 plugin from it.
StudioDave
Established Member

Re: Power station industrializer

Post by StudioDave »

Greetings,

Well done ! I built the synth without troubles on Fedora 19 x86_64, ran it but haven't tested output.

Any chance for JACK support ?

I made a batch of sounds with the old version, some of which were included with the OLPC project. Great synth, thanks for reviving it.

Best,

dp
witchspace
Established Member

Post by witchspace »

Thanks for testing!
StudioDave wrote: Any chance for JACK support ?
Yes. Wouldn't be too hard to fit in. The audio output code needs a rewrite first, though. It currently runs the playback synchonously in the main thread, and connects/disconnects from the system every time (which isn't much of a problem for Pulseaudio and kin, but if you make manual connections in Jack that sucks :D ).
witchspace
Established Member

Post by witchspace »

I've added JACK output support in the latest commit.
qubodup

Post by qubodup »

I'm glad it got a new home. Here is a video of playing around with it (git HEAD):
http://youtu.be/Tb_DsqnWt3k