[Solved] Can't select MAudio Mobile Pre Usb in Cadence.

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

athos
Established Member

[Solved] Can't select MAudio Mobile Pre Usb in Cadence.

Post by athos »

Hi, i discovered cadence few days ago and i'm trying to replace qjackctl.

It works fine with my laptop's internal soundcard, but it can't see my "m-audio mobile pre" usb soundcard. I go in the Configure->Driver section, select Alsa, but i can't change the Device/Interface option (it's greyed).

No troubles if i use qjackctl. I'm on ubuntu maverick with a low latency kernel.

Any hint?

thanks,
athos
Last edited by athos on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
athos
Established Member

Re: Can't select MAudio Mobile Pre Usb in Cadence.

Post by athos »

falkTX wrote: That option is only available if "Duplex Mode" is active and no specifc input and output device has been set.
The device list is got from JACK, so maybe JACK can't see it?
Thanks falktx, for the quick reply... and for all the things you do for audio on linux!

Well, i tried to boot up my pc with the sound card plugged in, and then i found two more devices (the same seen by qjackctl):

hw:1 [MobilePre]
hw:1,0 [USB Audio (duplex)]

With qjackctl the first device (Mobile pre) works properly, but with cadence i had no luck. I tried selecting hw:1 in both input and output, and then did the same attempt with hw:1,0.

While making the selection, the jack server was stopped, and i tried both starting and forcing restart, but the result was the same... the jack server had been started, but a quick test with pure data showed that the sound was still coming from the internal soundcard!

The sound card is usb (i also have a firewire card, but i didn't experiment with it yet).
athos
Established Member

Re: Can't select MAudio Mobile Pre Usb in Cadence.

Post by athos »

Ok, i did as you said (writing hw:1 in the checkbox), and it worked!
thank you very much, falktx!

I have some other questions about cadence, but i will try to play around by myself to see if i can solve before posting again.

thanks, and have a nice day!