HDSPmixer missing in ubuntu 11.04 - a fix

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

larz
Established Member

Re: HDSPmixer missing in ubuntu 11.04 - a fix

Post by larz »

Sorry yes, that's what I meant. Anyway the 2 lines have to be there or it will not work.

I don't know. We know it worked before. So we will have to find out what has changed. Try to open ubuntu-software-center and look in "history" and see if you can find anything else that changed with in that update. Did it update to the standard (not working) ubuntu 11.04 version of alsa-tools-gui?

Code: Select all

apt-cache policy alsa-tools-gui
I can't get to my desktop for the moment (I'm not at home the next few weeks) so I can't tell you if that pulseaudio update is installed in my computer, but I think it is, and I have not experienced any problems.
bearblock
Established Member

Post by bearblock »

hi, asla-tools-gui is at 1.0.23-5 and the two lines are in default.pa - still nothing.

there were plenty of other packages upgraded at the same time - probably a few hundred. I've had a look through the list and I can't see anything that looks suspicious except pulseaudio from ubuntu3 to ubuntu3.1. I don't really know what I'm looking for though to be honest - i just searched for the strings 'audio', 'alsa', 'sound', 'snd' and so on...

edit: I installed qmmp which can play direct to alsa, without needing a working pulseaudio, so I can still listen to music :D
larz
Established Member

Post by larz »

I'm not sure I'm able to help.
Just to get the facts straight...
It WAS working at one point.
Then you had a few hundred updates.
Then it stopped working.
Is that it?

Anyway, getting a few hundred updates for ubuntu 11.04 just recently sounds really wild unless you didn't update it at all since you installed it.