[SOLVED]updated kxstudio jack problems(dreamstudio)

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

aicram
Established Member

[SOLVED]updated kxstudio jack problems(dreamstudio)

Post by aicram »

Dear All,

I have dreamstudio which I love and it was working very well. Jack through qjackctl worked great with pulseaudio . I could work with music apps without problems.

I decided that I wanted laborejo. It would not install because I needed to get the kxstudio repos and upgrade. I did this and after that jack would not work at all. Qjackctl looked as if it was running fine but I could not get any sound. I decided I wanted the old dreamstudio back and purged the repos and downgraded. This helped some, however, the old dreamstudio scripts for qjackctl are gone and I do not know exactly what they all were.Now, when I start qjackctl it hangs and I must use killall 9 jackdbus and killall 9 qjackctl and restart qjackctl which then gets qjackctl running. I can only load one dssi plugin with jack-dssi-host and that is hexter. No others will load. Maybe this is related, I am not sure.

I just want the dreamstudio I had back without reinstalling. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
aicram
Last edited by aicram on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aicram
Established Member

Re: updated kxstudio jack problems(dreamstudio)

Post by aicram »

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I had upgraded DreamStudioUnity to 12.04.3 before updrading kxstudios. The way I upgraded kxstudio was with installing kxstudio repos and upgrading according to the directions. It seemed to not integrate well with Dreamstudio 12.04.3 and now with your information it may not for awhile. I realize that many kxstudio packages are already included in Dreamstudio and they worked well until upgrading.By the way, kxstudio is wonderful.I have total admiration and respect for you and all of the music distro and audio package developers.It is all amazing work being done. I appreciate it greatly.

Thank you for your help. I guess I will work this out somehow. Thanks for your help and enlightening information.

Sincerely,

aicram
aicram
Established Member

Re: updated kxstudio jack problems(dreamstudio)

Post by aicram »

Dear All,

Everything went downhill fast when I tried to get pulseaudio with jack working. I just could not get it back to the original working configuration that came with dreamstudio. Finally, i found some help that was quite simple and is working so far very well. In the .pulse folder in home I made sure that it says autospawn = no. Then within qjackctl I turned off all of the scripts that said dreamstudio-start-jack, etc. I disabled dbus. I then added an .asoundrc file to home folder:
pcm.!default {
type plug
slave.pcm "jack"
}

pcm.jack {
type jack
playback_ports {
0 system:playback_1
1 system:playback_2
}
capture_ports {
0 system:capture_1
1 system:capture_2
}
}

After I did all this I rebooted and qjackctl started up perfectly showing my firewire device(behringer fca101 interface connected to Behringer xenyx 1622 mixer). It worked with the sequencers I have tried plus I could hear youtube just fine. Have not tried skype yet, and if that works I will be thrilled.

Thankfully this has solved the issue for me.

Thanks for all that you do here everyone. This is such a terrific site.

Sincerely,

aicram