novation launchkey mini config issues

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

radiozombie
Established Member

novation launchkey mini config issues

Post by radiozombie »

hi guys, i can't figure out how to get the novation launchkey mini working.
i just want to use my old laptop AVlinux powered to play some finger drums using launckey pads while playing some chordy on the keyboard.

alsa connections shows launchey ad midi1 and midi2: i can play keyboards connecting midi1 to qsynth, but no drums sound from pads using midi2 to hydrogen midi in.
midi2 to qsynt gives me no sound, midi1 to hydrogen is ok for pad sounds, but i get drum sound from the keyboard too.

is there a way to get drum sounds from pads only and instrument sound from keyboard only? :?

thanks for supporting, marco
radiozombie
Established Member

Re: novation launchkey mini config issues

Post by radiozombie »

ok, both pads and keyboards give me noteon, note off and velocity message, and some note messages are the same.
i guess i need to reconfigure pads layout starting from note 110 on, or maybe go for separate controllers for pads and keyboards.

any advice welcome, thanks
Pantamis

Post by Pantamis »

Hi !

I have a launchkey controller (not mini) and for me :
-Pads play note on the channel 10 on midi1
-Keyboard play on the channel on midi1 you have choosen with the controller

Actually the Midi2 is for "InControl". If you want to use it you have to activate it (just by sending a particular midi note in the midi2 In).
You can try to see which message activates the InControl Mode with a DAW (Ableton, Bitwig).
For the launchkey it's C0 (that is to say : Note On 12 on channel 1 Vel 127). I think it's the same for Launchkey Mini.

When activated, you can choose which port sends midi message from pads with the InControl boutons.

I hope that it will help you !
mongrol
Established Member

Post by mongrol »

Hi All,
I've just got myself a Launchkey mini. I can use the pads with hydrogen and play notes with Amsynth/Zyn with the keyboard by splitting the channels (1 and 10). How do I go about getting the knobs working? My main reason for getting this was to get some sanity into tweaking softsynths. Do I need to enable the Incontrol somehow?
mongrol
Established Member

Post by mongrol »

...and in true internet fashion I figured it out straight after posting. The manual shows the CC's for the knobs in the Midi Table. In amsynth I just assigned those numbers to the various pots. Zyn's new learn mode also worked to a certain degree.