Ardour tutorials: Sidechaining and tips&tricks

Post fully complete "how to" guides and tutorials here. This is a great place to get feedback on stuff you might put in the wiki.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

zth
Established Member

Ardour tutorials: Sidechaining and tips&tricks

Post by zth »

Hello!

With finishing my latest project, I've been thinking about writing a series of tutorials on making music in Ardour. In the last couple of days, I wrote two tutorials to kick it off which I've put on my website (www.zthmusic.se/Tutorials). The first one is about sidechaining (which turned out to be a way more "newbie in ardour"-tutorial than I thought, but hopefully someone can make use of it!), and the second one is about some tips and tricks of using Ardour I want to share (which in turn turned out to be slightly more advanced than planned), in case someone can make use of it.

(I've also linked to other tutorials I like in the community, a section I can hopefully extend as I find more tutorials.)

Anyway, let me know what you think, what's understandable and not, what's helpful and not etc! Thanks!
emarsk
Established Member

Re: Ardour tutorials: Sidechaining and tips&tricks

Post by emarsk »

Hi, I just gave a quick read to your tutorials and they seem useful and well written. Thanks for sharing!
Please, avoid some common spelling errors:
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling
hellalive
Established Member

Post by hellalive »

Good stuff. Thanks!
He had a lot of nithing to say, we'll miss him
zth
Established Member

Post by zth »

I just want to quickly note that I've moved to a new website. Both of the tutorials can now be found at: http://zthmusic.com/ardour-3-tutorials/

And thanks emarsk and hellalive! Hopefully I can make some more soon :)
subtraktive

Post by subtraktive »

Thank you so much for the tutorials. It was very helpful. I'd love to read more of such well written tutorials on Ardour 3 and some of the commonly used techniques in music production.
Leatuspenguin

Post by Leatuspenguin »

subtraktive wrote:Thank you so much for the tutorials. It was very helpful. I'd love to read more of such well written tutorials on Ardour 3 and some of the commonly used techniques in music production.
Zth has done some more (video) tutorials at Libre Music Production that you might find of interest -

Recording audio and using MIDI in Ardour 3
Basic mixing in Ardour 3