Mustang1 v2

Discuss your workplace, instruments, amps, and any other gear.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

bjje
Established Member

Mustang1 v2

Post by bjje »

Just picked up a Fender Mustang 1 v2 and found out that PLUG does not appear to work with v2 amps. I'd like to update the mustang's firmware to 2.2
I only see posts that appear to be working on it but they're old. Is PLUG dead? is there anything else?
The Fender forums just make fun of me for using only linux.
If nothing, then what practice amp is preferred around here for guitar?
glowrak guy
Established Member

Re: Mustang1 v2

Post by glowrak guy »

Have you tried contacting the author? I have a Mustang 1 v1, and used Fuse to create the batch of sounds
for the main dial a couple of years ago, and use plug to adjust them. v1 sells used for $50-60 here,
maybe pick one up for making presets, and transfer them to the V2. Compatibility link:

http://www2.fender.com/support/articles ... er-series/

My next purchase will be a
Mustang V v1 head, or a Mustang Floor, to get 100 sounds on the dial. I got a Mustang V v1 for my son,
and santa really liked it before applying the wrapping paper :wink:

I have one clean tone, to use with rakarrack, guitarix, LePou, Amplitube etc
If money is tight, trading a V2 for a V1 wouldn't be the end of the world.
The V1 is perfect for linux. If you register the Amplitube LE that comes with Mustangs,
you can test and buy a huge range of amp models, Orange, Slash Marshall etc
with the Amplitube Custom shop, running with wine. Someday I might try the linux versions
of silverlight and .net, and see if I can get some life out of Fuse.
Cheers
bjje
Established Member

Re: Mustang1 v2

Post by bjje »

These are all good suggestions. I broke down and borrowed an INTEL compute stick to run FUSE because I wanted the firmware update.
Fender will have to ditch silverlight so I'm still hoping that they go more open soon. Even an Android app should run OK
on ubuntu touch. For now, I'm just finding my way around the effects. I'm not going to a bigger Mustang until I see where
they go.
Thanks much.